As-Suffa Trust is a grassroots organisation born within the Muslim community which has a strong work ethic and a reputation for project delivery. Our aim is to convey the pure teachings of Islam through rigorous and traditional scholarship, by utilising modern teaching methods and creating a nurturing environment where students are supported to achieve their full potential. As-Suffa Trust is an establishment working to make a difference with Islamic education and Outreach.
The post holder will report to the HR Manager and will be responsible for providing a high level of administration support to the Senior Management Team (SMT) and Teachers. The post holder will be expected to recognise the high profile and sensitive nature of this work and ensure that all work is of the highest standard.
- To be first point of contact regarding queries from the service users, suppliers, partners whether face to face, email or telephone and to respond in a professional and timely manner
- To escalate any concerns to the SMT in a timely manner
- Ensuring meeting minutes are recorded, transcribed and distributed to appropriate individuals in a timely and professional manner.
- To organise and store paperwork, documents and computer-based information, ensuring it is up to date and accurate
- To set up and maintain systems for safe storage and processing of paperwork, both online and offline
- Ensure all course related paperwork is ready for teachers in a timely manner
- Check post mail and relay the post to relevant individuals in the organisation.
- Produce reports for SMT from systems on a regular basis
- Ensure relevant information is handled with confidentiality and in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Enter financial transactions accurately and keep accountants up to date
- Processing payment receipts using online system.
- Event co-ordination
- Pre-course preparation, liaising with Marketing and Media team
- Pre-booking venues/speakers in a timely manner
- Following a set of processes in place to ensure a smooth execution of tasks
- Volunteer co-ordination
- Follow up any interest in volunteering by scoping any opportunities available
- Follow up with arranging attendance to Information days and registration
- Send out videos and complete volunteer registration
- Assist with publicity and marketing
- Liaise with volunteers/students and co-ordinate distribution of leaflets and posters
- Compliance & Charity Law
- Become aware of Charity Law and relevant UK regulation and compliance.
- Ensure SMT members and volunteer are implementing policies and procedures set by organisation.
- Co-ordinate internal and external processes and procedures.
- Human Resources
- Assist the HR Manager in all HR related matters, such as logging sickness, holidays information
- Ensure correct forms are used for new applicants and personal files are kept up to date
- General Duties
- The above list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to take on additional duties within the remit of the role
Successful applicant should able demonstrate the following:
Experience and Qualifications
– Worked within a team but able to complete work on their own
– Experience working in a busy office environment, ideally in a charity but not essential.
– Business Administration related qualifications or relevant experience
Competence and Skills
– Demonstrate excellent communication skills and confident speaking to service users and clients.
– Have a friendly approach.
– Professionalism, diplomacy, and excellent interpersonal skills.
– Adaptable and flexible.
– Able to multi-task, prioritise and manage workloads.
– Ability to work within a team.
– Take responsibility for completing your own workload without being continuously supervised.
– Be punctual.
– Willingness to undertake training to improve technical knowledge and knowledge of all internal systems, processes and procedures.
– Able to use MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
– Able to recognise and get used to internal IT systems.
- Full time, Monday to Friday however some flexibility will be needed on evenings or weekends
- Statutory Holiday entitlement
- Free on-site parking
Closing date: 8th March 2019
- For further enquiries please contact Omar Rashid [HR Manager] on 07882508110
- To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org