Al-Andalus: The Golden Legacy 2017
Legacy of Al-Andalus 2017
30 April 2017 - 7 May 2017
1:00 am - 1:00 pm
A unique 7-night trip discovering the forgotten Legacy of Al-Andalus. Studying the lives of the great Predecessors who introduced Islam to the that region and the great achievements the Muslims of that era accomplished.
Package Price: £499Departure: Leaving on 30th April 2017 and returning on 7th May 2017Accommodation: Staying 7 nights at rural cottages with a private swimming pool and sports facilities. There is a selection of shared rooms available.Transport: Excursions included: Entry tickets to all places and a tour guide throughout the excursions is inclusive within the price.Optional extras: Cuevas de Nerja (world renowned historic caves) based in Nerja.Beaches Visiting suitable beaches (optional)Studying Sessions: Shaykh Zahir Mahmood will deliver short study sessions throughout the trip. Minimum Age: 16 For further information and advice on flight bookings please text or ring 07779 061117.
[fusion_button link="#event-ticket" title="" target="_self" alignment="" modal="" hide_on_mobile="small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility" class="" id="" color="green" button_gradient_top_color="" button_gradient_bottom_color="" button_gradient_top_color_hover="" button_gradient_bottom_color_hover="" accent_color="" accent_hover_color="" type="" bevel_color="" border_width="" size="large" stretch="default" shape="" icon="" icon_position="left" icon_divider="no" animation_type="" animation_direction="left" animation_speed="0.3" animation_offset=""]REGISTER[/fusion_button]
- Mezquita-Catedral: The grand Masjid of Cordoba, now used as a cathedral.
- Madinah AlZahra: Ruins of the vast palace-city built by AbdurRahman III Nasir.
- Casa Andalusi:A typical 12th century Andalusian house, allows visitors to get a feel of the Andalusian lifestyle and architecture.
- Torre de la Calla Horra: A fortified gate in the historic centre of Cordoba built by the Muwahhidoon caliphate. This is now a museum showing the Andalusian legacy.
- New masjid: Visit the grand Masjid of Granada, overlooking the magnificent AlHambra Palace. The opening of this masjid allowed the adhan to be called out in Granada after 500 years.
- Alhambra: This is the world renowned palace and fortress that is the one of the most visited places Spain.
- Visit a typical ancient Muslim village which was home to the last group of Muslims after they left Granada.
- Fort of Lanjaron- visit the remains of a typical Andalusian fort.
- Visit the the historic centre of Seville which includes it's royal palaces built by a Christian king in Islamic architecture and it's Giralda tower which was once the largest minaret in the world. It is claimed that the muadhin would ride up on a horse to call the adhan.
- Fuengirola- Pray Jummah in the central masjid.
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.