The Tajweed course at As-Suffa Institute is an opportunity for anyone to come and learn how to recite the book of Allah Most High. To recite it correctly is an obligation on every Muslim, as we must recite the Qur’an in our prayers. It is a guiding light for mankind, the message of our Lord to humanity, and to recite it (whether one understands the meaning or not) is also a source of reward.
Tajweed refers to perfecting one’s recitation of the Qur’an, by learning the correct pronounciation of the Arabic letters, the rules and ways of joining them as well as how to stretch sounds and start and stop in the right manner. The course has been designed such that one progresses gradually over the levels, learning new rules and reciting one-to-one to a teacher on a weekly basis so that each student can perfect his or her recitation.
Whether you have never studied tajweed before or have learnt in the past (and maybe forgotten) then this class will be suitable for whatever your background. Register today to take your first step on the journey to be amongst the company of the noble angels!
The purpose of the science of Tajweed, in essence, is to make the reciter proficient in reciting the Quran, observing the correct pronunciation of every letter with the rulings and characteristics which apply to it.
The weekday tajweed classes at the moment cover 3 levels, some of the topics covered in each level:
1. the importance of tajweed and the linguistic and applied definition of tajweed
2. the makhraj (the exit point and articulation points) of each letter of the Arabic alphabet
3. Nun saakin and tanween rules
1. Meem saakin
2. Lengthening: its rulings and modes (focussing on the short lengthening)
3. The conjunctive Hamzah (hamzah tul wasl)
4. Rules of the letters Raa and Laam
1. Focusses on tilawah and recitation
2. Being able to correctly understand and apply the rules covered in level 1 and 2 in recitation of juz 29