- * Sisters Enrolment
30 August 2017
- * Enrollment date is subject to change
The Alimiyyah course is designed to help students on their journey to achieve closeness to Allah by enabling them to understand the Quran and the saheeh ahadeeth in their original form.
Registration Fee: Free (There will be a separate enrolment fee should you choose to enrol on the course) Monthly Fee: £70.00Venue: As-Suffa Institute, 156 High Street, Aston, Birmingham, B64UXOpen to: Brothers and SistersTaught by: Shaykh Zahir Mahmood, Mufti Liaquat Zaman, Mufti Mohammed Imran, Mufti Mohammed Islam and graduated Alimahs.Course Recurring Days: Monday to FridayCourse Recurring Time: Sisters (09:15 - 14:00) | Brothers (09:00 - 14:00)Course Duration: Sisters: 5 Years | Brothers: 6 Years Course Format: Full TimeMinimum Age: 16More Information:
Whoever treads a path in search of knowledge, Allah will make easy for him the path to Jannah
The Alimiyyah course is designed to help students on their journey to achieve closeness to Allah by enabling them to understand the Quran and the saheeh ahadeeth in their original form. This course, therefore puts the study of the Arabic language at its core by laying firm foundations of Arabic grammar, morphology and spoken Arabic in the early years of the course with progressive development into higher levels of the language until students are competent at reading the hadeeth books for themselves. The study of fiqh (jurisprudence) and usools (laws), along with the essential tafaaseer (exegesis) of the Quran also form core components of the course, providing a wholesome understanding of the religion.
The incorporation of a rich enrichment programme further provides an insight into the broader context of Islam in history, in order to equip students with the skills required to become ambassadors for the Muslim community. This course is taught by teachers qualified with a sanad (chain of narration) through which sound knowledge of the Islamic sciences is transmitted, allowing students to gain a deep and comprehensive understanding of the religion. Sincerity, commitment and zeal are essential requisites of this course, guided by the assistance of Allah.
- All Muslims with a desire to learn what Allah wants from them in order to help them draw closer to Him by implementing their learning.
- All Muslims who have a desire to elevate the name of Allah in their community and beyond, which can only be achieved if they themselves know the Deen first.
- All Muslims who have the desire to identify the truth by themselves in face of so many different viewpoints and ideologies so they are able to recognise the true pathfrom amongst the false paths.
- For those Muslims who have an earnest desire to be able to read and understand the words of Allah and His messenger sallallahualaihiwaslaam in the original language of revelation without an intervening medium.
- The ability to differentiate between truth and falsehood
- The ability to read, translate and understand the original text of the Quran and ahadeeth
- The ability to understand the science behind the ahadeeth and fiqh, andthe context behind Quranic verses and ahadeeth in order to fulfil the right of the passage so it is applied in its proper context and not misinterpreted.
- Companionship of those who strive hard to implement the teachings of the Quran and Sunnah and benefit from them directly.
- Motivation to implement and spread the deen of Allah in your life and closeness to Allah as a result.
- Arabic: (Grammar, Rhetoric & Literature)
- Qur’an: (Tafsir and Introduction to Qur’anic Studies)
- Aqeeda: (Islamic Belief & Doctrine)
- Hadeeth: (Introduction to Hadeeth Studies – Bukhari, Muslim and more)
- Legal Studies: (Fiqh & Usul al-Fiqh)
- Islamic History: (Life of the Prophet (SAW), The companions, General Islamic History)
Sincere intention to earn the pleasure of Allah
A long term commitment to study
A recognition that this is an amaanah (a trust) and therefore an attitude to fulfil this amanaah properly is essential, thus you will uphold a good record of attendance and punctuality, good mannerisms and respect throughout your studies.
Motivation and commitment throughout the course
Syllabus – Brothers 6 years & Sisters 5 years:
Register your interest today to attend the enrolment day (Tuesday 4th July at 7:30pm) | Free Registration