Location: Pakistan, Lebanon, Yemen, Zambia, Bangladesh
Duration: 05/04/2021 – 12/05/2021
Many poor and marginalised people around the world have been suffering as a result of the global slowdown and pandemic, which has caused shortages and made daily goods unaffordable for those living below the poverty line.
- Millions of people are struggling to find work and must succumb to begging.
- Women, teenagers, and the elderly, in particular, are struggling as a result of their inability to earn a living.
- The ongoing wars regularly disrupt the safe passage of goods to the people.
No matter how much poverty and the weight of misery and increased distress, but hope fills those hearts, in addition to changing the lives of the poor and needy to joy.
As-Suffa has started distributing Ramadhan packs to Pakistan, Lebanon, Yemen, Zambia and Bangladesh.
Needs Assessment of the poor communities and peoples
- Identify specific families/people that require immediate help
- Identify items required to serve those needs
- Source items or have partners provide these items
- Notify chosen people of intended distribution of essential aid/supplies
- Items are dispatched to defined areas for distribution
- Items are distributed in the identified locationsBeneficiaries are vulnerable households in all the countries mentioned above. All of whom are below the poverty line and many live in tents and in non-permanent settings, suffering from poor shelter conditions and lack of food security. In addition, all beneficiaries fall in one or more of the following categories:
- Widows and their orphans
- Families living below the Survival Minimum Expenditure Basket
- Families with breadwinners who are unemployed
- Families living in tents or other non-permanent or non-residential shelters
- Female-headed households
- Households with pregnant and breastfeeding mothers
- Households supporting elderly or disabled relatives
Without electricity, gas or fuel hundreds of thousands go without cooked food for months. And even the food they have to eat is minimal and just enough to survive till the next day.
Whether they are orphaned children who are trying to survive in this country, widows who are trying to support their families or parents concerned about where the next meal will come from to feed their children, you can provide them with some respite this Ramadhan.
Donate a food pack to not only help those suffering but gain the reward of feeding a fasting person, regarding which the Prophet ﷺ said:
‘WHOEVER FEEDS A PERSON BREAKING HIS FAST WILL EARN THE SAME REWARD AS HIM, WITHOUT ANYTHING BEING LESSENED FROM THE REWARD OF THE FASTING PERSON.’ (TIRMIDHI)
Food Packs Distributed
Cost of a food pack: £10-£100